That's just not the case.  The debugger in PHP 3 would not work at all in
PHP 4 and would need a complete rewrite.  So, being cynical you might say
that someone should have written a debugger for PHP 4 and the fact that
nobody did was the conspiracy, but it makes no sense to say it was removed
for conspiracy reasons.  I mean if the PHP 3 debugging code worked with
PHP 4, then you could just take the code from PHP 3 and use it.  It's not
like it is deleted from CVS.

-Rasmus