If you had searched the list archives yourself you would have seen that
this has been suggested a few times and rejected each time because nobody
would stick around and answer the newbie questions and newbies, being
newbies, would figure out where the people who can answer their questions
hang out and ask there. So nothing would have been gained. But yes, we
could add something to the footer.

-Rasmus