Miles Thompson wrote:

> Liam,
>
> Is "anydomain.ca" in exim's configuration file? Where did that come from?

I put "anydomain.ca" because if I try to mail any domain it fails. I was
using "sympatico.ca" when I was doing my testing.

I don't think I have any domains expilicitly in the exim configuration
file (I thought I had it configured to send to any domain
but I'll have to look into this a bit more before giving
a complete answer).

> And, you probably know much more about this than I do, but did you try
> those little validation exercises in exim's setup guide?

No, I didn't even know they were there. Can you point me to the
web page they are on?

> I assume exim
> let's you send mail to yourself on the same box.

Yes, if I mail to a user on that box it works but I suspect that
that is because exim is smart enough to just stuff it directly
to that user's box rather than sending it out for a world trip.

> This ain't much help - Miles

Sure it is! If I take 100 small steps I'll get the equivalent of
one big step!

ttyl.

> At 02:21 PM 7/4/2002 -0400, Liam Gibbs wrote:
> >Miles Thompson wrote:
> > > Unfortunately I discarded the earlier messages, so I don't know what your
> > > error is.
> >
> >When I try to send an email I get:
> >unrouteable mail domain "anydomain.ca"
> >
> >I can resend you the full error messages if you want.
> >
> > > Do you have a fixed IP or do you have something like the Mpowered service
> > > where you're behind sympatico's NAT server?
> >
> >I have a fixed IP address. My BSD box is using NAT to port forward
> >to the web server which sits behind it.
> >
> > > Can you use exim to send mail from the console? Is sympatcio allowing this?
> >
> >Sympatico allows it but I can't do it (I used to have another
> >box that did this but it got hacked and pretty much destroyed...)
>
> <snipped>

 Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
 they shall never cease to be amused.