[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On 15 Jun, 12:31, Caroline Maynard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>>   There is a new dependency, via PHP, on open ssl in the tests (deep
>>> joy - that kept me entertained for a while - not SCA-SDOs fault
>>> though).
>> Not sure what you mean by "via PHP". I know that the ebaysoap binding
>> has a dependency on openssl - and I did add a check to that binding to
>> make sure openssl is loaded.  Are you talking about something else?
> No, that's it. We require certain things to be loaded into PHP so it
> would be useful to say in the docs that some tests will fail if you
> don't have the right things loaded. It's OK that they fail but it's
> not our fault. Good that the tests bindings are kind enough to tell
> you.
>> It would be useful to note somewhere  what  extensions we
>>
>>> expect to be turned on to get a clear test run.
>>>         sdo
>>>         libxml
>>>         soap
>>>         json
>>>         xmlrpc
>>>         openssl
>>>         curl
>>>         pdo + you favourite driver for the DAS tests
>> A good way to do this is to add a check to the SKIPIF section of the
>> test, so that it outputs an explanatory message if the required
>> extension is not available.
> Not sure about this. I was specifically thinking about the unit tests
> which blow up if the right extensions are not available but probably
> useful to see that as if they don't show an error people might think
> all of the features are availalble when they aren't.

By "unit tests" do you mean phpunit or phpt? People who are used to pear
packages are likely to run the tests by something like:

pecl run-tests -r

so if we had the SKIPIF sections I'm suggesting, then they would see a
message, for  example:

SKIP SCA ebaysoap test [tests/SCA/phpt/nnn.phpt] (reason: ebaysoap SCA
binding requires openssl extension)

I would find that more helpful (and maintainable) than a para in some
docs somewhere that I probably haven't read.