On Jun 27, 2013, at 4:23 PM, Marcus Rohrmoser <mr0...@mro.name> wrote:

> Am 27.06.2013 um 22:06 schrieb Jeroen Lappenschaar <lappi...@gmail.com>:
>> Exactly what I was looking for. Smart thinking to put that in the
>> repository.
>> To help out any people that have the same issue I put the site online
>> myself: http://jeroenlappenschaar.nl/piccolo2d/site
>
> Thanks, nice to hear the initial thoughts work out once needed.
>
>> You are welcome to link to it on other sites if you can help people out with
>> it. I do not have a limit on my server, but I do not guarantee a 100%
>> uptime.
>> I have set-up the same cron job so that it will remain updated. (although it
>> runs on Dutch time and not UTC)
>
> I'm wondering if we may even (ab?)use google code svn to host the website -
> by just redirecting from piccolo2d.org. So a pure domain without any webspace
> would do - at least for now.
>
> I would volunteer to pay such for say 10 years or so but would keep .org only
> and drop .com and .net.
>
> I'm hesitant to actually host content - for legal reasons mostly (we've got a
> terrible liability situation here in germany). But also 'cause the more
> advanced hosting package necessary.
>
> @Will: is a KK an option? When is .org due exactly? Is there a danger the
> .org gets lost otherwise?

The domains expired a few days ago and I didn't want to risk losing it, so I
just now renewed piccolo2D.org for another year. The piccolo2D.org domain and
site is live again. I'm going to let .net and .com go unless you guys really
want them.

I'd still like to transfer ownership of the .org domain over to one of you
guys, but now we have a little breathing room.

@Marcus - What do you mean by "KK" ?

- Will

---