Hi Andrei,

basically, there is no problem to run PicoLisp as an application server
as a normal user, as long as you don't use a port below 1024. So you
must have your users connect to http://host:8080 or similar, which is
not so nice.

The standard way in PicoLisp is therefore to start 'httpGate' as root,
usually twice (listening on port 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS)). 'httpGate'
works as a proxy, dispatches all requests to applications running on
e.g. 8080, and also handles encryption/decryption in case of HTTPS.

On our servers, I usually have an init.d script that does something like

   cd /home/app
   bin/httpGate 80 8080
   bin/httpGate 443 8080 shop/pem

Voila, that's all

> because I can't see any other means to get picoserver running aside
> httpd.

Yes, when there is an Apache listening on port 80, 'httpGate' won't even

> it be started and working? How much CPU time will consume this
> process?

This depends very much on the task at hand, of course. But usually, the
load is very low and not a problem at all.

> Sorry if I have a silly idea to use pico as web server...

Not a bad idea at all. In fact, all applications at my customer's sites
are ran in that way.