Hi Alex,

I would like to ask whether you ever deploy multiple picolisp
applications on a server and if yes what is your setup (assuming the
only http entrance from outside is the port 80)?

I imagine that I could start several apps on different ports, put each
behind httpGate and use a web server with url rewriting.

Is there a way of achieving similar thing without a "heavy-weight"
server with url rewriting?

I am thinking about something like:

pound   -->  httpGate  -->  picolisp  --> apps/sessions
reverse      port=8762      port=8763     ...
proxy
port=80 -->  thttpd (static content)
             port=8761

where urls matching ^/picolisp/ would be served by picolisp and
anything else by thttpd:

my.com/picolisp/app1*  served by picolisp
my.com/picolisp/app2*  served by picolisp
my.com/*            served by thttpd

I can create a diretory structure in the picolisp root directory
matching the url so that the picolisp server finds the right *.l files
if I use (allowed ("picolisp/") ...) but it breaks all the rest as
picolisp + httpGate expect all urls without the app "prefix" and all
the url stuff is relying on the url convention.

Or, I could modify httpGate to rewrite urls:

my.com/picolisp/app1/*  =>  my.com:8771/* (app1 port)
my.com/picolisp/app2/*  =>  my.com:8772/* (app2 port)

which might be even easier than trying to change/hook into the
picolisp url convention.

Or, is there a simpler way of achieving this?

Thanks,

Tomas