Hi Tomas,

> > A direct link to the "default" port might not always be desired, as
> > this is often not the main application (but some other "home" page).
>
> I cannot see how this can be a problem?  Having the same

As you know, we are using PicoLisp and 'httpGate' for web applications.
On the default port 80 there is usually some web presence of the
customer's company, while the web application(s) run "hidden" on other
ports.

So the default port of 'httpGate' points to the home page, in case
somebody connects to "www.company.com". But this page will never time
out, so the above error will never appear.

The application(s) run on "www.company.com/1", or on "app.company.com",
or similar. Such an application might time out. I do not want to
hard-code the knowledge of this strategies into 'httpGate'.

With the "void" link, the decision is handled dynamically.

> The page can be arbitrary but static.  That means that if I have more

Not as static as a hard-coded redirect to a default port. For example,
we used

      <title>Timeout</title>
   </head>
      <h2>Session timed out</h2>
...</p>

for some applications. Then the user will see the timeout message, and
can click on the link to immediately reconnect, or otherwise will be
connected automatically after the timeout expires (here 4 seconds).

If you immediately connect to the default port, the user will not have a
chance to see the "timed out" message. He will be very much surprised
being in the application and at some different (start) page the next
moment he clicks something.

> The page can be arbitrary but static.  That means that if I have more
> web applications, the only thing I can display is that the session
> expired but I cannot show a link or redirect to the original
> application.

Of course you can display, e.g. a list of links to all those applications.