Hi Alex,

> Here is "home.l":
> Now, whenever a HTTP request arrives on port 80 or 443, the 'home'
> function will print a log message, reduce URLs like
> "www.app.7fach.de" to "app.7fach.de", lookup the local URL, and
> redirect the request to that application. Note that from now on the
> application does handle all subsequent requests by itself, 'home' is
> only involved for the initial call.

when a session expires, user gets connection error.  I find that quite
annoying as the user then have to manually find/enter the starting
page to log in again.  It would be better if the user was "redirected"
to the starting page again to log in or got a message that his session
expired with a link to the starting page (of the current application).

> Right. Just that 'httpGate' already does "url rewriting",

> You probably know the demo apps "rcsim.7fach.de" or "app.7fach.de". At
> some times there were more than 60 applications running on that machine.
> If you connect, say, to "rcsim.7fach.de", you'll see the address being
> remapped to "http://7fach.de/18100";.

I think that the above "user friendly" behaviour could be achieved if
httpGate redirected to the default port even if it could not connect
to the port specified via url (instead of giving a connection error).
A picolisp application on the default port could then handle this case
and redirect to the right starting page again.  Tricky bit is how to
determine which application that request belonged to (that information
is lost via httpGate in general) but the urls could be set up to
contain that piece of information and make this possible.

Or, do you have some solution for this already?

Thank you,