I want to explain why this is important for me and should be important for
all.

Obviously the Pico server can play nicely with Ajax calls, the form.js is an
example of this, however it's heavily bound to the GUI framework, there
might be many different reasons however to communicate with the server
through Ajax outside of the GUI stuff. In this case the best choice is to
use a framework and there are many, arguably jQuery is on top at the moment,
maybe sharing the top spot with MooTools.

Libraries like jQuery completely removes the pain of managing the DOM
through Javascript, enabling extremely fast deveopment of applications that
feel very much like desktop applications if the internet connection is fast.
Having the Pico server play nicely with for instance jQuery would therefore
be a great boon. It would make the whole "stack" extremely rapid. Take for
instance form.js, stuff like that can be reduced to less than 50% in code
size and a fraction of the development time if done with jQuery instead of
"raw" Javascript for want of a better word.

IMHO jQuery is probably the next best alternative to implementing a Pico
interpreter in Javascript :-) Therefore if it can communicate with the Pico
server it would be a great win.

/Henrik

------=_Part_38301_792038.1223203399231

important for all.<br><br>Obviously the Pico server can play nicely with Ajax
calls, the form.js is an example of this, however it&#39;s heavily bound to the
GUI framework, there might be many different reasons however to communicate
with the server through Ajax outside of the GUI stuff. In this case the best
choice is to use a framework and there are many, arguably jQuery is on top at
the moment, maybe sharing the top spot with MooTools.<br>
through Javascript, enabling extremely fast deveopment of applications that
feel very much like desktop applications if the internet connection is fast.
Having the Pico server play nicely with for instance jQuery would therefore be
a great boon. It would make the whole &quot;stack&quot; extremely rapid. Take
for instance form.js, stuff like that can be reduced to less than 50% in code
size and a fraction of the development time if done with jQuery instead of
&quot;raw&quot; Javascript for want of a better word.<br>