Hi all,

I'm working on my first PicoLisp library, native C bindings for Liblo. What
I have so far, which is enough for the most basic use case, can be found at:

  https://github.com/erdg/picolisp-osc

The file 'liblo.l' contains the direct ffi-bindings to the C library. I
stole Alex Williams' idea of a "rule-based solution" from his
'picolisp-json' library; it's a great way to get up and running with C
functions at the repl.

>From there, I decided to scoop it all up into the PicoLisp DB. The files
'server.l', 'address.l', and 'message.l' contain the code for this. They
should probably be condensed into one file, 'osc.l', but that hasn't
happened yet. You can follow along with a sample repl session in the
README.

Now I'm wondering if this is a worthwhile path to pursue. I like the idea
of using the PicoLisp DB, as one could be able to query a bunch of OSC
servers and their methods, keep a log of messages sent/received, etc., all
from PicoLisp. But the whole thing could be terribly redundant as far as
memory use is concerned(?), and because a lot of that functionality exists
in the C library already. I'm still learning how PicoLisp and C work
together.

I'd love any feedback! Apologies in advance, it's all pretty rough right
now... I've never written a library before, in any language, and this one
is nowhere near complete. You'll need liblo installed prior, as I have no
Makefile magic happening yet.

If interested, more info about OSC can be found here:

  opensoundcontrol.org/introduction-osc
  opensoundcontrol.org/spec-1_0

Many thanks!