Nice, Erik!

Works fine in my current desktop browsers (linux chromium and firefox) and it's really nice to watch the content flow while resizing the browser window. (Would like to check that on my older laptop, maybe I will report that impression later).

Switched to my tablet, displays readable in Firefox and Opera - on that 8.1 inch samsung tablet content shows up in two column layout in both portrait and landscape mode. Readability very good.

Check on older mobile Galaxy S2: only Opera mini will show the content in single column view as I would expect on such a little display. In current Chrome (47.0) content shows up in 2 column layout which is definitely hard to read for human beings 50+, I guess :-) Although the chars are readable (I checked that with a magnifier :-) ) Firefox updated to 42.0.2 and still the same: 2 column layout is shown, single column view would look better and grant easy readability, especially in portrait mode.

Finally, in terminal w3m content looks well structured and reads very good. In terminal links reads well, too, although there are blanks in front of subtitles like 'Fun' etc and the subtitles are not shown in bold face, as w3m does. But don't care, it's readable.

Conclusion: This layout approach could bring the picolisp website content to tablets and mobiles in a well readable way. Seems to be "a perfect addition for the ease of use on smart devices" (which - for me - started with termux last time).

Carry on,
Olaf