I'm sure my opinion has very little weight around here, but since other
people are discussing it I want to put in a plug for Savannah (Non-GNU):

https://savannah.nongnu.org/

If you aren't willing to run the proprietary JavaScript on Github it
becomes a real pain to work with. (Gets an F rating from FSF
<https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.en.html>.)
Includes Subversion and Git support.

The only tradeoffs with savannah nongnu is it sometimes takes them a few
weeks to approve your project hosting, and they require you to put
licensing information on each code file (a really good idea anyway).

--
Christopher Howard, Computer Assistant
Alaska Satellite Internet