I'll bet most picolisp users are sufficiently motived to compile it but
that means you're probably missing a lot of user's who'd appreciate it if
it was easy to try. As an example I had a right game and failed miserably
on Windows. BTW I'm still working on a response to your questions...In the
meantime....

Re multiple entry points are we talking setjmp, longjmp and saving/restoring
ebx esi edi bp sp & pc? I'm looking at this along with stack control.

Re the carry flag...you can easily get at this but do you want change it
too?

Re pb talking to c you have two choices. You can use cdecl and dlls...I
found it easy to with Delphi (stdcall). or because the assembler is masm
compliant...if you wanted to access C functionality from PB you could
reduce the c to asm and PB could include it as PB modules. I have this on
good authority from a leading masm proponent :)

Here are the calling conventions PB supports
http://powerbasic.com/help/pbwin/

Re register allocation...REGISTER *variable* [AS *type*] [, *variable* [AS
*type*]]
The REGISTER statement is used to define certain local variables which are
stored directly in specific CPU registers,