That doesn't say what was on the other end of the HDMI cable at the monitor
side.  It could have been attached to VGA for all we know, even if that is
unlikely.  It does at least prove the new computer has a functioning HDMI
output.  This implies the monitor may not have auto-detection of the active
video input.  This reinforces the suggestion to use the configuration UI on
the monitor to activate the HDMI input as the primary input.

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.li...@gmail.com