not Linux-related, I apologize, however we're a group of experts so I'm
hoping someone here will have an answer.

I have Utopia, I got in when they would allow paying a (reasonably) higher
price to own the hardware rather than lease it. The hardware is limited to
100Mbps, and Utopia is upgrading their infrastructure. To take advantage of
this Utopia is providing an upgrade, but for lease - I may have read
there's a way to purchase, but this option is a couple/few thousand dollars
(for a $100 piece of hardware plus installation?).

I'm hoping there's a way I can get the connection to work without
leased-hardware, or paying thousands. I purchased a Ubiquity fiber gateway,
if it doesn't work I don't mind buying the same hardware Utopia is using.
The old hardware had a weird way of connecting the fiber - it didn't have a
standard connector, you had to strip the fiber and hook it in directly
somehow. So I need a connection that will fit the new hardware. If you know
someone who is good at terminating fiber I'd appreciate if you'd pass along
their contact info, or pass mine to them.

Also, if you're familiar with Utopia and know this won't work please let me
know before I break it and have to have them come out and fix it (and
probably force me into the lease).

Thanks,
Eric F. Olsen

/*