hestbank wrote:
> Well done bpa and thank you very much. All appears to be working as it
> should on all devices. Track info updating when it should and Programme
> Info and Description now appear.

Things are in a awkward place now. There is pressure to move all request
to https as many service are stopping http support (or redirecting http
to https) and if the move is not made then the plugin will break when
http is not supported. However, the converse can also happen - where the
https doesn't work because it seems some system are not up to date.  No
matter what - someone seems to lose out.

> Now I know what I am doing I can edit the file again in the future if
> necessary

Also now that I'm aware of the issue, I may be able to take some
precautions to include in next update.

>  but is there anything I should do to my installation so that it I don't
> need to? I am using an off the shelf Pi installation, Max2Play 2.52, and
> I am quite surprised to find that things are not as up to date as they
> should be.

AFAICT 2.52 is a very recent version of Max2Play - supposedly on Buster
released in 2019.
Are you sure you are really running 2.52 ?
I think you should ask Max2play why is OpenSSL so old and 1.0.2 LTS
ended support in 2019. Perl 5.28 is supposed to be part of Buster - your
system is running 5.20.2 which was announced in 2015.  Something isn't
right.

Max2Play may be using LTS (Long Term Support) versions of OpenSSL but
that just means bug fixes - not inclusion of new features which other
services now consider essential.    LTS is good for large organisations
and keeping their own internal ecosystems running - not so good for
interacting with real world which is constantly improving.