BPA: thanks again paths are:
1) Squeezecenter.exe is
C\Programme\Squeezecenter\Server\Squeezecenter.exe
2) AlienBBC RTSP.pm there are two instances (?*)
2a) C\Programme\Squeezecenter\Server\Plugins\Alien\RTSP.pm
2b) C\Programme\Squeezecenter\Server\CPAN\URI\rtsp.pm (lower case -but
does this matter?)

I will now follow your steps to remove - re-install.
I had not intervened in the installation process for either SC 7 -
which was an upgrade from SS 6.4 or AlienBBC which was a new install
under SC 7, I did have a previous version under 6.4. The only thing I
did in the installation of AlienBBC was an attempt to install from the
Windows Zip version. That is when I intially encountered the problem. I
removed the Alien directory but nothing else and downloaded and
installed the .exe version.

appreciate your help and advice

--
juniper

SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 17793 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt