--- In [email protected], "Ed Bronson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "brucexs" <bswitzer@> wrote:
> > With xp compatibility mode on, I cannot.  I have read that xp 
> > compatibilty mode does not really do much.  Have your tried 
running 
> > with out it?  If it seems to work, can you confirm by trying all 
the 
> > tests in my first note.
> 
> Running without compatibility mode the FavFolders act the same. I
> still lose part of the filename every time I switch directories. 

Just to be clear:  I don't expect compatibility mode to fix 
anything.  What I want to understand is if it is necessary for any 
PowerPro features to work.  If it is not necessary, then I can tell 
people _not_ to run in compabilibility mode, and I can add code which 
detects vista and runs special code for vista.  By doing it this way, 
I can avoid the situation where people who are not running vista have 
to run code meant only for a vista fox, and I void possibly breaking 
something that used to work for them.

So if you do not run in compatiblity mode, does everthing still 
work.  If you have time, please try all the tests I listed in my 
first note  that worked in compabilitity mode. 


Reply via email to