On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 7:30:52 AM UTC-4, b...@cogs.com wrote:

> On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 6:26:17 AM UTC-4, Matthew Wild wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> I think you are building or running the wrong code, as timber would
>> not display this message for Lua 5.2.
>>

> could be here is my mercurial line that I'm using to get timber
>
> slim# hg clone https://hg.prosody.im/trunk timber-trunk
> requesting all changes
> adding changesets
> adding manifests
> adding file changes
> added 6771 changesets with 7712 changes to 314 files
>

> updating to branch default
> 231 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
>
> Try running '/opt/local/bin/prosody' instead of just 'prosody'. Also
>> as a quick check, you can run: grep "if _VERSION"
>> util/dependencies.lua
>>

> grep "if _VERSION" util/dependencies.lua
> if _VERSION ~= "Lua 5.1" then
>

> That is true for the source I have been using and a fresh folder using the
> mercurial clone command used above.
>
> Thank you for your help I think we are getting very close.
>
> Ben
>

>> If you have timber, the grep will show: if _VERSION < "Lua 5.1".

I changed my timber-trunk util/dependencies.lua and prosody launched.
Prosody is now prompting it is unable to fine luafilesystem, LuaSec and
util.encodings.

This is really great I think I can now focus on the details of getting the
build to happen.

Thank you for your help. I'm really psyched at how simple Prosody is to
work with.

Ben