On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 6:26:17 AM UTC-4, Matthew Wild wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> I think you are building or running the wrong code, as timber would
> not display this message for Lua 5.2.

could be here is my mercurial line that I'm using to get timber

slim# hg clone https://hg.prosody.im/trunk timber-trunk
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 6771 changesets with 7712 changes to 314 files

updating to branch default
231 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

Try running '/opt/local/bin/prosody' instead of just 'prosody'. Also
> as a quick check, you can run: grep "if _VERSION"
> util/dependencies.lua

grep "if _VERSION" util/dependencies.lua
if _VERSION ~= "Lua 5.1" then

That is true for the source I have been using and a fresh folder using the
mercurial clone command used above.

Thank you for your help I think we are getting very close.

Ben