On 15 August 2015 at 12:50,  <b...@cogs.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 7:30:52 AM UTC-4, b...@cogs.com wrote:
>>

>> On Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 6:26:17 AM UTC-4, Matthew Wild wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Ben,
>>>
>>> I think you are building or running the wrong code, as timber would
>>> not display this message for Lua 5.2.
>>

>> could be here is my mercurial line that I'm using to get timber
>>
>> slim# hg clone https://hg.prosody.im/trunk timber-trunk
>> requesting all changes
>> adding changesets
>> adding manifests
>> adding file changes
>> added 6771 changesets with 7712 changes to 314 files
>> updating to branch default
>> 231 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
>>
>>> Try running '/opt/local/bin/prosody' instead of just 'prosody'. Also
>>> as a quick check, you can run: grep "if _VERSION"
>>> util/dependencies.lua
>>>

>> grep "if _VERSION" util/dependencies.lua
>> if _VERSION ~= "Lua 5.1" then
>>

>> That is true for the source I have been using and a fresh folder using the
>> mercurial clone command used above.
>>
>> Thank you for your help I think we are getting very close.
>>
>> Ben
>>

>>> If you have timber, the grep will show: if _VERSION < "Lua 5.1".
>

> I changed my timber-trunk util/dependencies.lua and prosody launched.
> Prosody is now prompting it is unable to fine luafilesystem, LuaSec and
> util.encodings.

Great. But just so you know, changing the version check is not all
that is required to make Prosody work with 5.2 :) If you have the
wrong version of the code (trunk) then remember it still won't work
until you switch to timber. We have no branch called "timber-trunk".

The dependency warnings you see now are for the C libraries that
Prosody needs, they need to be compiled for Lua 5.2 also (and in Lua
5.2's search paths). Once you have those, you'll have passed all the
dependency checks.