Ian Wilson wrote:

> On 08:02 AM 19/02/2001 -0800, Peter Bennett said:
> >Matt Pobursky wrote:
> > >
> ><snip>
> > > Since I had SP5 installed with the Win98SE, I cannot re-install SP5 under
> > > Win2K, the install program says it's already installed. So I went back to
> > > Win98SE and uninstalled SP5. Back to Win2K and installed SP5, then
> > Protel99SE
> > > runs fine in Win2K.
> > >
> > > The problem now is that Protel99SE will not run in Win98SE any longer.
> > I get a
> > > couple different exception errors (from Protel thinking SP5 is NOT
> > installed,
> > > I'm sure).
> >
> >I experienced this recently too.
> >
> >If I recall correctly, I renamed the Protel directory and .exe file in
> >the Win98 installation, upgraged the Win2000 install, then un-renamed
> >the Win98 install.
> >
> >After I did the rename, the service pack installer still found the Win98
> >installation, but asked me if that was the one I wanted to update.
> >
> >I suggested to Protel that the installer should _always_ ask if the
> >target is correct, and give the user a chance to choose another one.
> >

> It is possible to have P99SE installed in the same location for both/all
> OS's - I do. And still get it updated in both OS's.
>
> It looks to me that you have two installation locations - is this right? Or
> does your method support P99SE installed in the same location for each OS?
>
> Ian

I was told by our PC guru that programs had to be installed separately
for Win98 and Win2000, so that's what I did.  Drive C is FAT32, and has
Win98 on it, along with Protel, MS Office, Netscape..... installed under
Win98.

Drive E is NTFS, and has Win2000, Protel, MS Office, Netscape....
installed under Win2000.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF