At 03:53 PM 17/02/01 -0600, you wrote:

>Since I had SP5 installed with the Win98SE, I cannot re-install SP5 under
>Win2K, the install program says it's already installed. So I went back to
>Win98SE and uninstalled SP5. Back to Win2K and installed SP5, then Protel99SE
>runs fine in Win2K.
>
>The problem now is that Protel99SE will not run in Win98SE any longer. I
>get a
>couple different exception errors (from Protel thinking SP5 is NOT installed,
>I'm sure).

I solved this by:
1) install P99SE under on OS.
2) copying all the files in the P99SE install directory and below to a temp
location (preserving paths of course) - not all files need be copied but I
did not wish to spend the time working out which ones.
3) installing the service pack - in case there are any components that need
to be registered/installed in other locations
4) You can if you wish, copy all the files to a new location - different
from the base install temp directory created in step 2)
5) Copy all the basic installation file back over the update install
directory - copy files saved in step 2 over those added/changed in step 3.

You now have an install folder with non-updated files.  Re-booting to the
other OS and installing P99SE and the service pack should proceed OK and
this installation will/should fix up the mess made in step 5.

Worked for me.

Ian Wilson
Considered Solutions Pty Ltd
5 The Crescent, Chatswood, NSW, 2067