Tim,
       I have seen this before on a networked HP laser printer (not sure which
model). Workstation was running Windows '98SE. It is a Protel problem as it also
happens with some other printers (one of the small Brother lasers), even when
they are local. In trying to prove to Protel that there was an issue here I even
set up the printer so that it printed to a file. Protel generated a file for
every page in the print preview even when just refreshing the preview. They are
generating data and sending it to the printer when there is no need. Some
pritinters just ignore this 'blank' data others produce a blank page.
Unfortunately there is no easy fix for this, it is something Protel needs to
look at.

Regards,

Rob Malos,
Cyborg Design.