On 03:22 PM 21/02/2001 -0700, Colby said:
>I am pretty sure this was for an older version.  I can't remember if it was
>an add-on or just a function of the program... but I think it was a normal
>function of the program that was lost in updates to where we are now(99SE).
>
>But for the sake of cataloging(sp?) components, if you have the older
>versions available... granted that your components don't use any of the 99SE
>features(component specific keepouts, etc) then you should effectively be
>able to save them as the older version, open them in the older version and
>use this function just to print.
>
>Anyone remember which version it was?  was it 2.8?

Yes 2.8 has the ability to place all components.  There was also an add-on
library browser for V3 but this has not been released for P99SE.  The
company that made the browser is http://www.eda.co.uk.

This is now one of the most commonly requested features.  An add-on server
to dump a library to a PCB even all jumbled on top of each other would be
useful and not hard to write - for someone with the time and inclination...

I think that this is one of the big missing holes in P99SE - library
management which includes version control, previewing, proofing etc.  I
strongly suspect that this is an area that Protel is busy on for P02 (??).

Ian