ERIC YOU RULE!
THANKS

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Albach [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 12:07 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: PCB Component Library Solved!?

    I just found an answer to 99% of the PCB library compilation problem.  I
was
trying to write a ClientBasic progrom to do that but the functions are too
limited although I was close.  While working on it I accidentally found that
could copy/paste the ENTIRE current library to a PCB.

    First go into the Library Editor (not the PCB component browser), click
on
the first part then shift-click on the last part to select the entire list.
Now
right-click on the selection and click Copy.  It will help speed things up
by
turning off DRC now.  Next, go to the PCB and paste the parts in by using
CTRL-V.  They will all be stacked on top of each other so select the group
of
parts and use the "Arange selected compontent within defined area" tool and
the
"Increase vertical/horizontal spacing of selected components" tools in order
seperate the parts.

  The only thing left to do is find an easy way to show all of the footprint
names.  I am trying to figure out how to automatically copy the footprint
text
into the Designator field using macros where I could then globally unhide
and
autoposition the text.
    Is there a .footprint Special String or another easy way to do this?

Eric Albach