From:   Colby - PowerStream [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, February 28, 2001 9:08 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject:        Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]:  newbie can't get power and ground
planes to connect up

> >ERC is a subject I will leave open for anyone that uses it, I do not.

I should probably clarify here ;)

I do use the ERC, just not to the extent that it CAN be used.  All of the
pin types are not set.

I do not feel comfortable giving advice on how best to use it, but I am
definitely reading the good advice coming up now ;)

I should also clarify that I am not an Engineer.  I don't want anyone
getting the wrong idea based on what I say, by thinking I am also an
engineer.

I hope to become an engineer as I progress and learn, but I still have a
long road ahead of me there.

So... to put into context any suggestions I may offer, so they can be
properly weighed against others suggestions when they differ by experience.

I worked for Protel for almost two years, and provided technical support and
some training for the product.  My perspective of the software was from a
technical support view and not as a designer.  Although I feel this is a
good base to work with to become a designer, I do not want my suggestions to
be mistaken as coming from long-time design experience.

I hang out here because I always enjoyed my job and helping people, and I
want to be able to apply what I learned working at Protel.  As well, of
course,  I am hoping to become an engineer in some aspect down the road...
working with alot of you definitely re-sparked my interest in electronics :)

Anyway, I figured I should make that clear.

I wont always have the answers, but I will continue to try and help... as
well as learn from the good advice given.

Colby Siemer                        ** Custom Battery Chargers
                                           ** Custom Power Supplies
PowerStream Technology       ** Custom UPS
140 S. Mountainway Drive      ** Custom DC/DC Converters
Orem Utah 84058                  ** Power management electronics for OEMs

http://www.PowerStream.com