From: Gordon Price [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 3:06 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: RE: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: newbie can't get power and ground
planes to connect up

Colby,
        Thanks for the tip. I have 11 errors of which 7 are net names on
short wires to pins on a FPGA that are not used yet. I figured these were
safe and had nothing to do with my power plane and ground plane connectivity
problems.
        Four of the errors are pins of an FPGA that go through wires clearly
to a power ground symbol on the schematic. The error report says that the
node EA21 can not be found for these 4 pins. I do not know what net EA21 is
or why it is not "GND". If you double click on the ground symbol on the
schematic, the box says that it is a member of net "GND", which is correct.
My schematic now has little red circles with a red x inside on certain
unconnected pins and some connected pins. What are these little red
circles?? Error flages of some kind???
        Is there a way to have 99SE re-figure everything from scratch? I am
still stumped.
Thanks,
R. Gordon Price