You export the PCB file from Protel in 2.8 ASCII format. In Orcad you go
to File>Import and choose Protel. There are two paths to set up as I remember,
one to the target Protel file and the other to an Orcad .TCH file which sets up
the environment for the board. I believe it is better to have the new
environment set to imperial units rather than metric. After defining a .Max file
name for the board the process should be automatic.
        There may be some tweaking to do in getting Protel and Orcad layers to
agree with one another. When importing the board into Protel the layer mapping
process can be defined as a step in the process. When importing from Protel into
Orcad Orcad uses a .INI file to define the layer mapping. Orcad supplies a
default .INI file, you can also edit it to change layer assignments.

                Frank Langlois

Project Development
P.O. Box 5582
Bend, OR 97708