From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 10:14 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: RE: Protel To Orcad- Problem Solved

        Bruce,

                    Several months ago a company inquired about having some PCB
designs done, they use Orcad 9.0 and wanted to make sure that any work done in Protel
could be translated back into Orcad. We worked with an example file they provided and
at first the PCB's were not properly translated back into

        Orcad, there were traces and pads missing. To complicate things the person I
work with at that company does not have much experience translating files, has been
busy with other things so this could only be worked on sporadically and the company
does not have an Orcad maintenance contract. Eventually they

        realized that the file we had been working on had originally been created in
an old DOS version of Orcad so they sent a file created in Orcad 9.0. They have
reported back to me that the file now comes in OK with the only problem being that
some mechanical files are combined improperly, I have assumed

        that this will require only a minor change in the mapping process. As before
the person has been too busy on other things to pursue it any farther at this point. I
can say that when I visited their site when the pads and traces were coming in
improperly that we did not get any error messages, only a

        corrupted board. I am using Protel 99SE SP6.
            I'm tempted to say take Orcad support with a grain of salt and see if you
can figure out what would be causing a pin out of range error. Sorry I can't be of
more help.

                            Frank Langlois

        Project Development
P.O. Box 5582