Un-hide hidden pins from component properties, and connect them
wherever you want.

Jari Kaija
Electronics Designer
PKC Group Oyj

Mobile: +358 (0)40 5200265
Phone: +358 (0)201 752252
TeleFax: +358 (0)201 752401
Kivelšntie
FIN-90440 KEMPELE
FINLAND
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pkcgroup.com
http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/oma/jari.kaija

                    Gordon Price

                    <GordonP@Loro        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    nix.com>             cc:

                                         Subject:     [PEDA] Protel default Vcc hidden
power pins
                    14.03.2001

                    01:21

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Protel EDA

                    Forum"

Ladies & Gents,
     How do you globally fix hidden power pins(from Protel library parts)
that go to a net called "Vcc", to go to a fully defined and existing layer
that has a net name of "+3.3V" ????
     I have a power plane named "+3.3V" and can get my own parts to
connect to the plane but can't get Vcc nets(from Protel library parts) to
connect to the +3.3V net. If I place a net reference of Vcc on the +3.3V
net
the auto router runs traces instead of connecting to the defined power
plane. It would be nice to have more than one net name be able to go to a
given power plane and net. Where am I missing the boat???
     I can't for the life of me understand with the prevalence of
different supply voltages of chips, why Protel uses hidden power pins and
fixed net names. I am using +1.8V, +3.3V and +5V on one board.

Thanks,
R. Gordon Price
Director of Research Engineering
Loronix Information Systems Inc.