Hi,

I must admit that I still use hidden pins for 5V connections, which I call
VCC like the naming convention in the Protel libraries suggests. I know I
shouldn't, as it is getting more and more dangerous, if several different
power nets are to be used in a design. As chip designers tend to show
ambition in specifying three and more power supplies for one chip, there is
not much use in the hidden pin feature any more. I would suggest to drop
this feature completely. It is a relic from the times when a chip had a
power supply of 5V, and that was it.

Regards,

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH