On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:36:52 -0600, John Lemburg wrote:

>I would like to make a brief comment about hiding power pins.  I have been
>burned.  My advice to anyone who thinks this is a good idea is don't do it.
>Show everything where nothing is assumed to be connected.  This allows
>proper identification of all bypass caps shown right where they are
>connected to the device.

And I will bring up the point (again) that what you should or should not
show on a schematic depends on wether you consider the schematic to be a
graphical aid for netlist and partlist entry or an actual schematical
representation of a circuit.

Also trying to make assumptions about power supply bypass capacitor
placement from placement on a schematic is very dubious. If two chips end
up next to each other do you really want two decoupling caps placed side by
side? If you only place one which chip gets it on the schematic?

Cheers, Terry.

* To join or leave this list visit: