At 08:29 AM 3/14/01 +0000, Coleman, Tim wrote:

>With regard to power pins on multiple part components(or even large single
>part components like a uP or memory). We create a 'power part' that has just
>the power pins and any NC pins. This part of the component is then placed as
>part of the power distribution and if a de-coupling capacitor is required it
>can be placed directly on the pins of the power part of the component.

This is an excellent way to go, but it does require making one's own parts.
I would also note that if one neglects to place a power section for a part,
no rule, as far as I know, will detect that it is missing.

If one follows Mr. Coleman's practice, it would be useful to be able to
generate an unconnected pin report. This would detect all pins on the
schematic *including pins on unplaced sections (which exist in the cache)*;
it would report all pins which are unconnected -- probably by comparison
with a netlist if it is a server we write -- and would specially flag
unconnected power pins.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690