Greetings all,

> As to bypass capacitors, it is just as explicit to place a bypass cap with
> power objects next to the part in question, and it is easier to implement;
> one can do it for a whole page at once by placing one cap and its power
> objects and copying it as many times as necessary. Since it is not
actually
> going to a pin, the location is not critical.

I would very much appreciate a discussion on how to place bypass caps (on
circuit diagram)
so as to end up with short leads direct to the relevant pins (on the final
PCB).

I have tried using "Place>Directive>PCB Layout" Markers without much
success,
am now exploring using Design Rules to force the AutoRouter to be sensible
about bypass cap connections.

I'm guessing that the "From-To Editor" has a big part in all this, but I am
finding it incredibly frustrating to use..........

I can easily pre-route power/bypass cap traces and then lock them down, but
that prevents the auto router moving them to different layers, etc..........

Any suggestions as how best to tackle the whole question of optimum EMC
layout would be very welcome.

* To join or leave this list visit:
*                      - or email -