From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 6:21 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Protel default Vcc hidden power pins

At 04:21 PM 3/13/01 -0700, Gordon Price wrote:
>Ladies & Gents,
>         How do you globally fix hidden power pins(from Protel library
parts)
>that go to a net called "Vcc", to go to a fully defined and existing layer
>that has a net name of "+3.3V" ????

Two ways:

(1) Edit the library part so that the pin name has +3.3V instead of VCC.
(2) Unhide the pins in the sheet editor and explicitly connect the pins to
the power net you want to use.

The second method is probably better. Some of us firmly believe that hidden
pins should never be used. I'm not quite so radical, but they do have a
point, or, more accurately, several points.

* To join or leave this list visit: