From: Terry Harris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 7:26 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Windows 2000 Professional fatal exception errors

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001 12:37:31 -0500, you wrote:

>On 11:44 AM 3/16/2001 +0000, Terry Harris wrote:
>>On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:05:52 -0600, Jon wrote:
>>
>> >Yes, it DOES sound like you are running with too little memory for that
sort
>> >of project.  I'm running on 128 MB too, and know it is on the edge, but
my
>> >projects are generally not quite so complicated.
>>
>>People do talk rubbish about memory (aj included).
>
>I don't want to argue, but you haven't produced much of a validation of
that statement.
>(Of course, that's not to say that I'm immune to producing rubbish. <g>)

<huge snip about memory usage>

I remind you what you said

"The problem is clearly insufficient RAM. Using P99SE, a design such as the
one you're describing probably needs a bare minimum of twice what you're
running, in order to ensure that you don't kill your system periodically. "

The problem is not clearly insufficent RAM. The problem is very unlikely to
be insufficient RAM. Long before memory allocations actually failed the
system would be sluggish and even if Protel fails ungracefully on failing
memory allocation other applications (including win2k) would surely be
failing and complaining.

Cheers, Terry.

* To join or leave this list visit: