Hi,

> >         Sometimes for no reason at all, I get exception crashes while either
> > routing or un-routing the board or resetting DRC error flags. The errors
> > usually point to a "ntdll.dll". Some days the same design behaves stable and
> > some days it does not. If you kill the run away task and reboot, the problem
> > goes away for a while.

> by Protel's being locked into a somewhat obsolete programming environment
> for Borland.  Their Delpi environment apparently makes very heavy use on
> Windows resources.

Win2K allocates GDI resources virtually -- there  is no limit (unlike 95/98).   I run
Win2K with 384mb and it is as stable as a rock, however I also work on smaller
boards at home with 128Mb -- where it is also stable.  Win95/98 never was due to
the resource pool being a fixed size.  The issue is more likely to be video related --
Protel has always thrashed the video card.   Can you try a different one ?

--
Regards,
Gavin Melville,

* To join or leave this list visit: