Nicholas Cobb wrote:

> In a post about a month ago Mr. Lomax mentioned that leaving a CMOS input
> open could cause problems on a board.  Are there any references that will
> help me learn the details that might cause problems like this in commercial
> devices?  Up to this point I have been making circuit boards that will be
> used only by me.  I am just starting to work on some that will be mass
> produced.  Any sort of help would be appreciated.

Yes, look at any of the chip manufacturer's data books for the CMOS
devices.  Motorola (On Semiconductor, now) is good on technical background,
but Texas Instruments, National Semi., Harris, and everybody else says the
same thing.

Jon

* To join or leave this list visit:
*                      - or email -