On 08:14 AM 3/28/01 -0600, Nicholas Cobb said:
>In a post about a month ago Mr. Lomax mentioned that leaving a CMOS input
>open could cause problems on a board.  Are there any references that will
>help me learn the details that might cause problems like this in commercial
>devices?  Up to this point I have been making circuit boards that will be
>used only by me.  I am just starting to work on some that will be mass
>produced.  Any sort of help would be appreciated.

Nicholas,

Any number of electronics text books covering the topic of design with
digital ICs will list several. Try "The Art of Electronics", by Horowitz &
Hill.
(sorry, I don't have the ISDN)

FWIW, the information you're interested in isn't generally encapsulated in
its own chapter or subchapter, but interspersed throughout the text.
Concentrate on the "digital circuits" sections, or use the index to find
specific references to the topic.

Not to beat a horse dead, but the Internet is a great place to find
information too.

regards,

aj

Andrew J Jenkins. NCMR @ NASA-GRC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The opinions expressed herein are soley mine and do not represent the views
of my employer, nor the views of its employer. This email and its content may
not be redistributed to ANY third party for ANY reason without first
securing a
signed authorization from the author. Failure to abide by these terms may
result in legal remediation against the offending party, at the sole
discretion
of the author. This is not public domain information. Standard commercial-
use disclaimers apply. Commercial use requires author approval.  If you cannot
abide by the full aspect of this disclaimer, immediately delete the message,
as you have no rights to its contents.

* To join or leave this list visit: