"Le, Phan" wrote:

> I never have problem with netlist in any version of protel but I helped
> other people to resolve netlist problems.  Here are a few guideline for
> getting correct netlist every time.

I think most of my netlist problems have been due to different net names
on different sheets.

> o don't draw wire in any other angle than 0, 45, and 90 degree
> o turn on snap to grid (set grid to 5 & 10)
> o set wire color to be different then line color
> o make sure the sch lib is snap to grid & end on grid

Protel's TI TTL library (I think that's the one) has some gates with the
output pin 2 units short - so no connection if you set the grid to 10,
but very hard to see unless you zoom all the way in.

Run the ERC before making a netlist.  Fix any problems that ERC reports
(or understand why they are there - some ERC errors are "normal")

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF

* To join or leave this list visit: