On 10:11 AM 4/05/2001 -0700, Le, Phan said:
>I never have problem with netlist in any version of protel but I helped
>other people to resolve netlist problems.  Here are a few guideline for
>getting correct netlist every time.
>
>o don't draw wire in any other angle than 0, 45, and 90 degree
>o turn on snap to grid (set grid to 5 & 10)
>o set wire color to be different then line color
>o make sure the sch lib is snap to grid & end on grid
>

>To fix current problem:
>o do a global color change of wire color & line color then see if you
>   make a mistake placing a line instead of wire.
>o find problem net & see if the wire end at the part pin
>
>This is all I can remember for now.  Somebody else can add to the list.
>
>Cheers,
>Phan

I would add that you can use Select-Net in Schematic and if the pin(s) in
question appear in the Report|Selected Pins...report then they should
appear in the netlist.  If there are missing pins in the report then you
will need to investigate why using techniques like those suggested by Phan.

You could also do a CTRL-click and drag on the component and check that the
connection(s) in question move with the component. (ESC or right-click to
cancel the move).  If they move then they are considered connected
otherwise the system has not made the connection.

Ian Wilson

* To join or leave this list visit: