On 12:28 PM 11/07/2001 +0100, Steve Wiseman said:
>Hi, all.
>   Using SE99, SP6, I've got what looks like a bug...
>I'm annotating a single sheet, which will become part of a bigger project,
>and I'm annotating using the suffix 'A' to indicate the parts are in the
>ADSL section. All is well - on first annotation, everything gets R1A,
>C19A, whatever you'd expect.
>I added some components, all R?, and hit reannotate. Oh joy, it's re-used
>R1A, R2A, R3A, etc. Looks like it can't spot what's already been used when
>you use suffixes. Does anyone else get this, and any cunning plan for a
>workaround?
>
>Cheers,
>
>   Steve.

Does sound like a bug - I will await other comments before adding it to the
bug database.  I suppose someone will try to call it a feature...

If you haven't already created parts lists/manufacturing documentation/test
reports/design descriptions ....  then you could simply re-annotate all the
components on the sheet again.  You can either drop the list box on the
annotate dialog and select reset all designators and then run the
annotation again or you can simply select All Parts and do every thing again.

BTW - can you confirm that the second annotation would work OK if you had
not used the suffix?

(As an aside - I actually rarely use the annotation tool - even for large
designs.  I usually want to control the numbering to allow gaps for future
additions of components (at least in the first rev of a design).  And for
later revs there is already the manufacturing documentation in existence
that means we do not want to monkey will all the designators - just as few
as possible. But do not read any of this as saying the bug is not an
important one to fix.)

Ian Wilson

*                      - or email -