Protel has never been good at annotating sch and pcb. If you plan on using the
really powerful features in array building (like creating circular arrays in pcb
) or
 building arrays of schematics and arrays in pcb, the best way to keep your
designators in step is to use a plugin which can be downloaded off the RSI
website.

You have to add it to both sch and pcb and assign it a button or menu item. The
plugin
allows you to select a group of components and either add an offset ( R1 becomes
R101 etc) or add a suffix ( R1 becomes R1_1 etc) Its very well worth the effort.

Clive Broome
IDT Sydney Design Centre        Ph:         +61 2 9763 3513
8 Bayswater Dr, Homebush        Fax:        +61 2 9763 3409
Sydney,  NSW, 2127              Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Australia

         Australia's Leading Semiconductor Designers

"Steve Wiseman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 07/11/2001 09:28:51 PM