ian said:
> BTW - Mike, either you are not doing many PCBs or you are much more
> comfortable with Protel and PCB manufacture in general.  I recall you
> thinking not so long ago, when you started in this game, that it was all a
>
> bit of a nightmare.  Congratulations.

        thanks ian.  i'm not a full-time protel person.  writing digital
test programs
        is my main job.  i needed 3 boards for a interface between the board
we
        were testing and the test bench and we had lost the person we had
who
        did board work, so we ended up buying protel.

        learning protel turned me into a pcb magnet... anybody that needed
one
        came to me.  we even picked up a significant legacy job where all
the
        spares were shot and they needed new ones built, but all they had
were
        drawings, and no actual gerbers.  i've been doing about one board
every
        three weeks.

        i enjoy using the protel software and i think its a good package,
even if
        it is a bit unstable.  one thing i've found out is that there is
always
        something new to learn.  another thing i've learned is that the
answer is
        usually here on the email group, and not in the protel
documentation.
        <grin>

        miker