thanks for the suggestion about putting some text inside the cutout
area.  one thing i tend to forget is that people do actually look at the
gerbers.  i get in this mode where i think all they do is blindly submit
them to a machine and a pcb comes out the other end.  i'll make a
readme file too.

miker