Jeff

donīt know much about "windows file system" i gues it would be a risky thing for
you not only will see wht is going on but olso you are able to change things
without let protel "know" what happend.

to Your second question:
Protel will copy your Gerber-data automaticaly to windows\temp\CAM_for_XXX,
where XXX is the filename of your PCB. ANd, yes it is easy to separate teh
Gerber by chosing File - export or by right-clicking the Data in your Protel
document window.

Greatings,

Waldemar

Jeff Adolphs schrieb:

> I apologise for not mentioning in the string: next rev of PCB and
> Schematics.....that I am using the windows file system.
>
> 1.  What is the advantage of data base format over windows file system (I'm
> sorry I know you have discussed this in the past when I did not have 99SE)?
> I like the windows file system because I can look at the file folder and see
> what is going on.
>
> 2.  With the data base format can you easily see that the Gerber Data has
> been created? Also, is it easy to separate the files for sending to the
> manufacturer?
  - - snip - -