At 12:07 PM 7/19/01 -0500, Frank Gilley wrote:
>I have had a few DDBs get corrupted, and there really isn't any fix for
>them that I know of.  Be prepared to lose every file in the DDB, although
>you usually won't.  Please don't depend on the the Fix Database option- it
>usually doesn't help much/do anything.

As Mr. Gilley noted, one should regularly make backups. Just to put this in
perspective, however, I've never lost a .ddb. I *did* lose some Windows
File System files before going to Access.

When you use the Access system, whenever you overwrite a file, the original
file is copied to the same directory as the Access file. So you have
backups there, up to your last change. I'm assuming that you have enabled
this in System Preferences under the Client menu (the down-arrow in the
upper left corner of the Client window).

In addition, autobackup can be set, under the Client menu, to save files up
to a configurable depth at configurable intervals. This saves all files
that are open at the backup time.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690