<SNIP>
> aj

I echo your sentiments on file management.

Though I can appreciate having multiple libraries in one .DDB file.  So I
use Access DDB for libraries, while I use Window File System for design
files.

Using the Windows File System is not an 'unexamined' default practice.  I
need to have individual files exposed in order to run custom executables
which are invoked through scripts.  These executables allow the generation
of BOMs, lookup and cross check Footprints, and crosscheck Part Value and
Lib Ref.  The executables allow the utilization of Part Value and Part Field
1 & 2 for a part description.  This is a very productive system which was
created with Client 3.1.    It would be quite senseless to obsolete because
of an arbitrary decision by Protel.  While I had to do some tweaking to get
them running on 99SE, having both options makes the most sense here.

Duane Foster